Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Basis of Surveying by Using Total Earth Station.

Using of total station and working with the surveyor on the site for the young and in-experience Civil Engineer is a nightmare.

The principle of surveying with Total Station is a technique which most of the fresh graduates does not understand and have to rely on the Sr. Surveyor or the field staff where there are full chances that they can be mis-guided.

This was the issue I address when I took up the project for the preparation of DPR at Bihar where my young team of surveyor was blind in deciding the new alignment. The team was in no direction because they were desserted by the Sr. Surveyor.

I have to address this issue with then surveyor Mr. Rajeev who now works in my office as my assistant. 

The extensive study with the survey team at bihar resulted for me in collection of some of the information how a survey work can be carried out and what kind of correction we should apply for the correct survey.

visit the site www.ncon.in/survey.htm to download the file which focuses in basic learning of the surveying work which can be life time assets for the inspiring young civil engineers.

No comments: